Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 83 mal aufgerufen
 Anfängerfragen
jokergreen0220 Offline

28.01.2019 07:57
PHILADELPHIA - Although general manager Alex Anthopoulos insists he hasnt read any of the rumours, he saw fit to comment on freq Antworten

PHILADELPHIA - Although general manager Alex Anthopoulos insists he hasnt read any of the rumours, he saw fit to comment on frequent reports out of Chicago that the Blue Jays are hot for Cubs ace right-hander Jeff Samardzija. Yellow Air Zoom Training Shoes . "I havent read them or seen them, but whatever they are, I guess I can say this; I have not had any conversations with anybody about active trade talks," Anthopoulos told assembled media on Tuesday afternoon at Citizens Bank Park. "If that ends up shooting down reports like we do every so often ... no, I have not engaged in dialogues, exchange of names, nothing. Its so rare that teams engage in trade conversations so early (in the season.") Read between the lines. There is a difference between speaking to his Cubs counterpart, Jed Hoyer, and having scouts watching Samardzijas starts. The Blue Jays are hardly alone in tracking Samardzija, whos winless in seven starts despite posting a 1.62 ERA. The 29-year-old has one year left of club control before becoming eligible for free agency following the 2015 season. The Cubs are rebuilding and multiple reports suggest previous efforts to get Samardzija signed long-term havent been fruitful. Anthopoulos repeated he will not mortgage the future for short-term gain, citing the Jays relatively uneventful offseason as proof he wont make moves for the sake of saving his job. What about if the right deal comes along? Would he be willing to part with a top prospect or two? "I think you value everything on whats the contractual status, whats the control, how much do you value your own players, wheres the club at, short-term, long-term, all that stuff," said Anthopoulos. "Just like anything there are a lot of players you are reluctant to move and that would be reflected in the price to really push those players. But I just dont know that youre ever in a position where players are untradeable. I think sometimes the value you place on them makes them almost untradeable because no one will pay you the ask. But I dont look at it that way that under no circumstances you hang up the phone." WILL MORROW NEED SURGERY? On Monday via Twitter, Brandon Morrow shared a photo of the splint hell be wearing for the next week or so on his injured pitching hand. Morrow tore a tendon sheath at the base of his right index finger on his second-to-last pitch of the fifth inning on Friday night in Pittsburgh. The injury will require season-ending surgery if an attempt to rehabilitate the finger fails. "From what I was told that wasnt going to be needed," said Anthopoulos of surgery. "If something changes down the road, but from what I was told at the time, surgery was not required." In striking an optimistic tone, Anthopoulos said he expects Morrow to return some time around the All-Star Break in mid-July. "We expect him to come back, we expect him to recover," said Anthopoulos. "He wasnt necessarily rolling but I thought he looked great against the Indians that game. But Brandon has the stuff to get on a streak at any time and even in that last game, I followed it obviously, it didnt seem like his slider was there and command but I think Brandon at any point can get hot and when he comes back hell be a big add for us." In six starts this season, Morrow is 1-2 with a 5.93 ERA. His fielding independent pitching (FIP) statistic, a measurement of ERA based on factors only the pitcher can control, is 4.03, suggesting hes been better than his actual ERA. Morrows 1.720 WHIP, which includes 30 hits and 17 walks in 27 1/3 innings pitched, is bloated. Efficiency was an issue prior to Morrows injury. He pitched into the sixth inning only twice. LIND LIKELY FOR THURSDAY Anthopoulos hadnt spoken to manager John Gibbons to confirm Adam Linds return date but the aim is for Thursdays series finale against the Phillies in Toronto. "The plan is to play nine innings of first base tomorrow in a Florida State League game," said Anthopoulos. "Ill talk to Gibby about it but hopefully we would look at potentially activating him on Thursday. I havent talked to Gibby about it but that would be one of the thoughts I have." Lind, 30, went on the disabled list April 16 with tightness in his lower back. FRANCISCOS FUTURE The imminent return of Lind will force the Blue Jays to make a decision on Juan Francisco. "Wed like to keep Juan," said Anthopoulos. "Hes playing well and ideally you want to be able to hang on to him. I know Gibby is fond of him and rightfully so. Hes played well." Entering Tuesdays play, in 14 games played with the Blue Jays, Francisco was hitting .280/.390/.520 with three home runs and seven RBI. His history suggests Franciscos batting average and on-base percentage will come down significantly. But hes a power threat off the bench and can spell starters at first base and third base. The Blue Jays would surely lose Francisco to another team on waivers should the club decide to designate him for assignment. Hes out of options, meaning he cant be sent to the minors and remain on the 40-man roster. Anthopoulos credited one of the clubs Dominican stars - Francisco is from the Dominican Republic - with helping lure Francisco to Toronto after he was released by the Milwaukee Brewers in late March. "Edwin Encarnacion was a big help in signing him," said Anthopoulos. "I think he really encouraged him to sign with us." Encarnacion and Francisco also were teammates, briefly, with the Cincinnati Reds in 2009. LAWRIES POSITION The Blue Jays have an offensive hole at second base. Prior to Brett Lawrie going down with tightness in his right hamstring, hed started at second base in three games in National League parks. The position switch allowed manager John Gibbons to keep Juan Franciscos bat in the lineup by putting him at third base. Would the Blue Jays consider extending the defensive alignment into American League games when Adam Lind is back? A lineup featuring Jose Reyes, Melky Cabrera, Jose Bautista, Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind, Juan Francisco, Brett Lawrie, Colby Rasmus and Dioner Navarro would be potent. It certainly would be better offensively than what any of the alternatives provide at second base. "There hasnt been any talk of full time like that at all," said Anthopoulos. "No, its strictly for right now. We know he can do it, I know he had a two or a three game stint last year but Bretts athletic enough you could put him anywhere on the field, I really believe that. I do believe that if you gave him enough time at any position and you gave him enough reps he could be a gold glove defender anywhere." All Black Air Zoom Training Shoes . The Toronto Blue Jays general manager made a series of bold moves that reshaped the club ahead of what would turn out to be a disastrous 2013 campaign. Womens Air Zoom Training Shoes . In mens doubles, Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil and American Jack Sock reached the quarter-finals with a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3), 6-4 win over Croatian Mate Pavic and Andre Sa of Brazil. http://www.cheapnikeairzoom.com/ . -- On any given day here at his companys Silicon Valley headquarters, Vivek Ranadive is ready to compete against any employee who wants to challenge him to any contest.STANFORD, Calif. -- For nearly 9 minutes, Arizona made defensive stop after stop. In that critical sequence, the top-ranked Wildcats held Stanford scoreless and helped preserve their perfect start to the season. This confident, unbeaten group believes it should be doing that all game long. For Arizona, three straight defensive stops is called a "kill." Nick Johnson kept Arizonas unblemished record going for another game, hitting a go-ahead 3-pointer with 51 seconds remaining and two free throws with 5.8 seconds left as Arizona survived for a 60-57 victory Wednesday night for its school-record 21st straight win. "Were an outstanding defensive team. It isnt as if we changed any scheme, we just buckled down and had a lot of players playing very hard, and our ability to hold them to what we did is a big reason we won. Our defence won the game tonight," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "No question we have to execute better on offence and we have to be more confident at the line." After Johnson hit a jumper in the middle of the key with 2:36 remaining to make it 55-53, Dwight Powell answered on a baseline drive with 1:21 to go before Johnson delivered once more. Johnson finished with 16 points, five rebounds and four assists and T.J. McConnell added 11 points, eight rebounds and four assists for Arizona (21-0, 8-0 Pac-12), off to the programs best start in conference play in more than a decade. Arizona is one of three unbeaten teams left in Division I, joining No. 2 Syracuse, which also won Wednesday night. Fourth-ranked Wichita State hasnt lost either. Powell and Josh Huestis each scored 13 points for Stanford (13-7, 4-4), which outshot Arizona 38 per cent to 36 per cent. "For 38 minutes, I thought we were right there," Stanford coach Johnny Dawkins said. "Credit Arizona for making the plays they had to make at the end. Nick Johnson stepping up, whether at the foul line or whether it was a 3-point bucket late. Ive watched a lot of tape of them, hes done it all year." Johnson missed a free throw with 228 seconds left and Stanford called timeout. Grey Air Zoom Running Shoes. Huestis missed a 3 from the left wing and Aaron Gordon secured the rebound, but he also missed a free throw giving the Cardinal one final shot. Chasson Randle missed a long 3 just before the final buzzer for Stanford. After a 3-pointer by Huestis with 10:03 remaining, Stanford didnt score again until Powells layin at 1:21 -- and Powell missed two free throws at 4:36 that would have put his team ahead. "Thats what we should have done the whole game. We came out a little lackadaisical and after that we turned it up when the sense of urgency turned up, and after that we kind of locked down," Gordon said. "It was good to come on the road and get a win, regardless of whether we won by 20 or we won by three like we did." Arizona, ranked No. 1 for a school-record eighth consecutive week, overcame a slow start on the way to an eighth straight win against Stanford. The Cardinal beat two Top 25 teams already with victories at then-No. 10 Connecticut and at then-No. 17 Oregon earlier this month. But not this time given their struggles in the waning moments at Maples Pavilion, which hosted a No. 1 mens team for the first time since losing 72-69 to Arizona on March 1, 2003. The Wildcats had a large contingent of fans in the crowd cheering "U of A! U of A!" Anthony Brown beat the halftime buzzer with a basket to put Stanford ahead 31-30. Arizona had trailed at halftime several times already this season only to produce a big second half. Arizona is on such a roll the players expect to win, even when they might not be at their best in a hostile environment. "One of the things we need to do is play defence at a high level more consistently and I think that will help us out a lot," forward Brandon Ashley said. "When we were down, we werent thinking about being down. For any team to be competitive, at any level, you have to be confident in yourself." Stanfords last home win against a No. 1 team came against Arizona, 82-74, on Feb. 4, 1988. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz