Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Off-Topic
jokergreen0220 Offline

06.03.2019 07:48
After months of invective, light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones and challenger Daniel (DC) Cormier have gone calm ahead Antworten

After months of invective, light-heavyweight champion Jon (Bones) Jones and challenger Daniel (DC) Cormier have gone calm ahead of their UFC 182 storm Saturday night. New Balance Cheap Australia . TSN kicks off its UFC coverage on Saturday with COUNTDOWN TO UFC 182: JONES VS. CORMIER at 7pm et/4pm pt on TSN4 and TSN5. The countdown show leads into two hours of UFC 182 preliminary fight coverage at 8pm et/5pm pt, which features Danny Castillo vs. Paul Felder, Marcus Brimage vs. Cody Garbrandt, Shawn Jordan vs. Jarod Cannonier and Evan Dunham vs. Rodrigo Damm. There were no insults on a media conference call between the 205-pound mixed martial arts stars, who came to blows at an August news conference in the lobby of the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. In terms of the heat between us, I dont think thats gone anywhere. I just think now you see two guys that are only six days from fighting. Like whats the point of us yelling and screaming at each other anymore? Cormier said on the call Monday evening. Thats done ... Theres no point to that any more. Whats it going to do? All the arguing, all the yelling, all the name-calling, it motivated me during my training. Whats the point in it any more? It serves no more purpose. Added Jones: The fight is here. Theres nothing that can be said or anything to change the outcome of this fight. The work is done. The camp is over. And for me to sit here and be unprofessional and try to insult him and come at him and get in this bickering match to sell a few more pay-per-views, I dont need to, I dont need it. The fights going to sell and the works already been done. Theres a time and place for everything and all the beef and all the craziness was appropriate then. It motivated me, Im sure it motivated him to have great camps. Now the fight is here. The Nevada State Athletic Commission fined Jones US$50,000 and Cormier $9,000 for the Aug. 4 brawl that sent bodies flying after the two fighters clashed during a photo op. Jones (20-1) was ordered to serve four days of community service while Cormier (15-0) was given two days. The taller champion put his forehead on Cormiers face, prompting the challenger to shove him back and soon the backdrop and bodies were flying. The ill feelings continued later that day as the two fighters, from separate rooms at the UFC office, exchanged insults over a satellite feed after an ESPN interview. I wish they would let me next door so I could spit in your face, Cormier, adding an F-bomb, said after the two traded insults. You know I would absolutely kill you if you ever did something like that, replied Jones. You could never kill me, Cormier responded. I bet you I could, said Jones. Then you should try, Jon, Cormier countered. The UFC detailed all the darts and arrows in a special advance TV show on UFC 182 called Bad Blood. The two fighters have had to wait to face off in the cage. They were originally slated to meet at UFC 178 in September but the bout was pushed back to January after Jones suffered a leg injury during training. Cormier, 35, says their beef dates years back to when Jones disrespected him in their first meeting. Jones, 27, disputes the recollection but at this stage, it hardly matters. The two dont like each other and that sells in the high testosterone, occasionally cartoon-like world of the UFC. They have gone at it since the fight was originally announced in July, with Cormier replacing injured No. 1 contender Alexander (The Mauler) Gustafsson after the Swede was sidelined by a knee injury. Jones had defeated Gustafsson in an epic five-rounder at UFC 163 in Toronto in September 2013. In the wake of their fight announcement, Jones sent Cormier a I hope youre ready to come to daddy message on social media. Cormier replied via Twitter: I am. Im going to (mess) you up with an F-bomb thrown in for good measure. Cormier also was quick to talk up his Break Bones T-shirts. Tweeted Jones: This is the fight I wanted in the first place. Nothing like fresh meat #Champion2014 Jones young daughter even got into the act, via an Instagram video. DC. My dads going to beat you up. Guaranteed, said the six-year-old. For Jones, Saturday marks the eighth defence of the light-heavyweight title he won from Mauricio (Shogun) Rua at UFC 128 in March 2011 to become the UFCs youngest champion at 23. Jones, an immense physical puzzle at six foot four with an 84-inch reach, has since defeated Quinton (Rampage) Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Rashad Evans, Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen, Gustafsson and Glover Teixeira. Cormier, ranked second among UFC light-heavyweight contenders, is a former Olympic wrestler who finished fourth at the 2004 Games in Athens. The five-foot-11 Cormier, a former heavyweight, has won four straight since joining the UFC from Strikeforce where he was heavyweight Grand Prix champion. He has out-struck every UFC or Strikeforce opponent he has faced but this time will have to wade through Jones 12-inch reach advantage to get at the champion. Jones is currently ranked No. 1 in the UFCs pound-for-pound pantheon. Cormier is No. 14. Every fighter between is a current or former champion. So will the fighters bury the hatchet Saturday in Sin City? You know you gain a level of respect by sharing the Octagon with someone, said Cormier. I dont know whats going to happen after the fight. It doesnt really matter to me one way or the other. Said Jones: Every guy Ive beat, Ive had a pretty solid relationship with. Im cordial and theyre cordial. I just kind of go on about my merry life. The bookies have Jones as less than a 2-1 favourite. --- Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter New Balance Clearance Outlet Australia . QUARTERBACKS Carson Palmer (vs Colts)Last week: 30/42, 419 yards, 2 TDsWinners of their last three and now tied for the final wild card spot in the NFC, the Cardinals are worth keeping an eye on. Cheap New Balance Shoes Australia . Then Klay Thompson put his foot on the gas. Thompson scored 19 of his 30 points in the fourth quarter and Harrison Barnes scored 14 points in his season debut to help the Golden State Warriors to a 106-93 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Wednesday night. http://www.cheapaustralianewbalance.com/ . Although Spain could still advance out of the group stage, the game may have signalled the end of the run by a generation of Spanish stars whose quick passing, "tiki-taka" style delighted the world and helped them win the last three major tournaments.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Cecil Shorts III might be in his final weeks with the Jacksonville Jaguars.With three games remaining, the Jaguars (2-11) have shown little, if any, interest in re-signing the fourth-year receiver whos in the final year of his rookie contract.And its tough to blame them.Shorts has 40 receptions for 419 yards and a touchdown this season, missed three games because of an injury and failed to step up since leading receiver Allen Robinson sustained a season-ending foot injury. With Robinson sitting out the last three games, Shorts has seven catches for 44 yards.If I could write it, it wouldnt have gone this way, Shorts said Wednesday.Shorts would love to get hot down the stretch, beginning Sunday at Baltimore (8-5), and either persuade the Jaguars to bring him back or put some solid performances out there for 31 other teams to see.Somethings going to work out eventually, he said. Its a matter of finishing strong and just letting go. ... Im not worried about it.Shorts, a fourth-round draft pick in 2011, has 163 receptions for 2,205 yards and 12 touchdowns in four seasons in Jacksonville. He signed a four-year deal worth $2.6 million.A Division III standout at Mount Union, Shorts wasnt expected to be a No. 1 receiver coming out of college. But free agent Laurent Robinson (concussions) and first-round pick Justin Blackmon (suspensions) didnt pan out, so Jacksonville dubbed Shorts the go-to guy. It may have been too much to ask.Injuries were his biggest problem, with Shorts missing 14 total games and never getting through a full season without any setbacks.He hoped to reverse the trend in 2014, but ended up sitting out most of training camp, the preseason and three of the first five regular-season games with a nagging hamstring injury.Hes healthy now and has enjoyed glimpses of success, topping 100 yards receiving against Tennnessee and Dallas. New Balance Clearance Australia. But consistency has been an issue.He had his worst game of the season Sunday against Houston, catching two passes for 3 yards and dropping two balls. One of those hit him between the numbers in the fourth quarter and negated what looked like it would be a big gain in an 11-point game.Youre going to have bad games here and there, Shorts said. Mine happened to be this Sunday. Just going to go out there and put more focus on what Ive got to get done. Im not going to over-think or over-stress, just back to the grind.Shorts was targeted 10 times, but offensive co-ordinator Jedd Fisch said he only had a chance to make four catches. He added that he expects Shorts to bounce back against the Ravens.I think hell be fine, Fisch said. I think Cecil played a good game. It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances.Jaguars general manager Dave Caldwell had preliminary talks with Shorts agent about a new contract last summer, before Shorts got hurt again and before he struggled on the field.Although the Jaguars have about $60 million in cap space, bringing back Shorts doesnt appear to be a priority considering the emergence of second-round draft picks Robinson and Marqise Lee as well undrafted rookie Allen Hurns. And there have been indications that Blackmon could return in 2015.All those factors could have Shorts on the free-agent market. As appealing as that might be, Shorts would prefer to stay in Jacksonville.Of course youre going to be intrigued by it, he said. The team, I feel, is going in the right direction and it would be awful — I would feel terrible — if I end up somewhere else and this team is — boom! — going. I just want to be here and I want to be a part of it because Ive been through the rough times. You can see success coming.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz