Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Convorschläge, Conankündigungen
jokergreen0220 Offline

23.08.2019 07:36
TORONTO -- Canadians turned out by the hundreds to watch Germany beat Argentina in the World Cup final on Sunday, with many brav Antworten

TORONTO -- Canadians turned out by the hundreds to watch Germany beat Argentina in the World Cup final on Sunday, with many braving either a scorching sun or heavy downpour. Andreas Christensen Chelsea Jersey . Supporters gathered in public spaces across the country to cheer on their teams, watching Germany beat Argentina 1-0 in extra time to claim its fourth World Cup win. In Toronto, hundreds of sweat-drenched fans gathered downtown near the Metro Toronto Convention Centre and watched tensely as the game went through a scoreless 90 minutes. While many donned the striped jerseys of Argentina, Germanys supporters seemed to be greater in number and a lot more vocal. Chants of "Germany!" and "Deutschland!" filled the air and grew louder each time either goalkeeper blocked off a shot. "If youre German, you just cheer for every moment," said Nicole Hauvisen, who has lived in Toronto for five years. While Germanys supporters -- many with their faces painted and some shirtless -- erupted into dance at the end of the match, Argentinas supporters slinkered away silently, with some declining interviews. One man who was cheering for Argentina, Rhys Wakeham, said he thought the game was done as soon as Germany put in its single goal with just seven minutes left in the game. "It was like hopeless," he said. "I though that was it. I though that was the end right there, when they scored... Germanys defence was just too strong." In Montreal, several hundred people braved overcast skies for an outdoor party at Montreals Parc Jean Drapeau, which is on the same island where the Montreal Grand Prix is held. Rain spat at the enthusiastic crowd gathered before two large screens before turning into a downpour as the match went into the final minutes. The mob erupted with cheers as Germany was declared the winner and then scattered amid the driving rain. Some hung around to savour the win. Jonathan Lohe Chung, who had supported Argentina, said he didnt expect it to take so long for someone to score. "I was expecting two or three goals in this whole game but how they played everything was pretty conservative on both sides," he said. "Great game no matter what." In Vancouver, there were mixed feelings about Germanys win amongst the hundreds who gathered to watch the game. "Vancouver is the city of bandwagons," said Patrick Koo. "Im pretty sure everyones a Germany fan now." "I was rooting for Germany, I bet a little bit of money on them." said Craig McKimm. "I think Ill win $26 or something like that -- dont tell my girlfriend though." In Edmonton, where sports hoopla is typically reserved for hockey or the other type of football, hundreds gathered under a baking Prairie sun to watch the final on a big screen in the citys downtown. "Im from Toronto and I didnt expect this much support for the World Cup in Edmonton," said Arsh Sidhu, who was wearing an Argentina jersey. Rob Welte and his family, who were on their way back to Fort McMurray after a holiday in B.C., were also surprised to see such a large crowd. Welte, a Germany supporter, explained that his family were such big soccer fans that they took a break from camping during their trip to drive to Kamloops to watch Germany beat France in the quarter-finals. "This is perfect for World Cup," Welte said as he sat among the crowd in Edmonton. "You get a lot of people in public rooting for their country. Its just awesome." With files from Steven Chua in Vancouver, Nelson Wyatt in Montreal and Rob Drinkwater in Edmonton. Willy Caballero Jersey . According to MMAFighting.com, MacDonald needs an x-ray on his right ankle and doctors clearance to fight or he will be subject to a mandatory medical suspension that will end on August 22, 2014. Ross Barkley Chelsea Jersey . The thinking at the time was Clowney could have already been promised he would be selected first overall by the Houston Texans, therefore negating any need to meet with any other teams. The plot took another twist this week. http://www.chelseafcproshop.com/Kids-Mateo-Kovacic-Jersey/ . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing.CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The key to the Arizona Cardinals advancing in the NFC playoffs could come down to their ability to slow down Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton in the running game.Arizonas defence has struggled against mobile quarterbacks the past two weeks.Seattles Russell Wilson ran for 88 yards on six carries and San Franciscos Colin Kaepernick had 63 yards on seven rushes to spearhead wins over Arizona. The Cardinals allowed a combined 473 yards rushing in those two losses.Newton is well aware of the opportunity in front of him when the Panthers host the Cardinals on Saturday in an NFC wild-card game.Obviously its something that sticks out, Newton said. I know they will have some wrinkles in for me and hopefully I will be able to dissect them and take what they give me. (But) Im not going to go into this game thinking that Im going to have 200-plus yards in the running game myself, because thats not what its about. Its about being productive and executing the game plan.Carolinas running game has been in high gear in recent weeks, including a 194-yard performance in an NFC South-clinching 34-3 win over the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday. Newton accounted for 51 yards rushing and a touchdown.Newton has been an active participant in Carolinas running game in his last four starts, carrying 39 times for 246 yards and three touchdowns.Unfortunately were going against one of those similar offences that weve been having problems with the last few weeks, said Cardinals linebacker Larry Foote. But were comfortable, were used to it.Cardinals coach Bruce Arians called Newton an unbelievable athlete, but is expecting a better effort from his defence this week.Hopefully we have learned something, Arians said. The big thing is cover your guy when you are in blitz. We gave up an easy touchdown and an easy long run in that ball game on mental errors so those two things are easily correctable hopefully.Carolina (7-8-1) is only the second team in NFL history to reach the post-season in a non-strike-shortened season with a losing record. Nonetheless, the Panthers opened as a 4 1/2-point ffavourite at home in large because Arizonas quarterback situation. Ruben Loftus-Cheek Jersey. The number had climbed to six by Thursday.LINDLEY IN, STANTON OUT: Arians on Thursday declared quarterback Drew Stanton out against the Panthers, meaning Ryan Lindley will get the start. Lindley is 0-2 as Arizonas starter.Lindley, a sixth-round draft pick in 2012, completed 23 of 39 passes for 316 yards and two TDs in a 20-17 loss to San Francisco last week, but was also threw three interceptions. Arians said he has confidence in Lindley but hes still got to protect the ball better.Stanton was 4-2 as Arizonas starter before injuring his knee in Week 15 against St. Louis.TURNING UP THE HEAT: Carolina defensive co-ordinator Sean McDermott is turning up the heat. The Panthers have 17 sacks in the last five games, including six against the Falcons last Sunday. The Panthers are getting a better push from their front seven, led by defensive end Charles Johnson. Hes had a tremendous stretch of four games, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said.LOOSE PANTHERS: Carolinas locker room has been very loose this week with a quiet confidence emitting from the locker room. Rivera said that is because the Panthers are playing with house money after repeating as NFC South champions when it appeared they were out of the running after starting the season 3-8-1. Its not been the season of a prototypical playoff team, but who cares?, Newton said.FITZGERALDS TIME: Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald seems to step up when the playoffs arrive. In six post-season games, Fitzgerald has 42 receptions for 705 yards and nine touchdowns. That includes three 100-yard receiving games, including eight catches for 166 yards and a touchdown in Arizonas 33-13 upset win over Carolina in the 2008 divisional playoffs.KUECHLY FACTOR: Panthers middle linebacker Luke Kuechly leads the league in tackles for the second time in three seasons. Behind Kuechly, the Panthers have gone from 27th in league in overall defence in Week 7 to 10th to finish the season.___AP Sports Writer Bob Baum in Tempe, Arizona contributed to this report. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz