Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
logo
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 120 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussion
jokergreen0220 Offline

17.10.2019 05:35
s about how he became c Antworten

LOS ANGELES, Calif. Yeezy Powerphase Cz . - Purple and gold streamers descended from the ceiling and fans were on their feet applauding at the end. The Los Angeles Lakers finally won a game after five straight losses to open the season.I know the city probably feels good about it, said Byron Scott, who got his first victory as Lakers coach after they rallied to beat the Charlotte Hornets 107-92 on Sunday night.The party atmosphere didnt extend to the Lakers locker room.They were all pretty quiet, Scott said. What I said was, OK, thats one.Kobe Bryant and Jeremy Lin each scored 21 points, and Carlos Boozer added 16 as the Lakers left Philadelphia as the NBAs only winless team at 0-7.We got to start somewhere, a subdued Bryant said.Lin and Boozers offence dominated the third, when the Lakers were down by seven before a 25-6 run sent them into the fourth leading 76-64.It was a lead they never gave up.Mentally, it gives us the vision that we can win, Scott said.Al Jefferson scored 23 points and Kemba Walker added 17 for the Hornets, whose two-game winning streak ended. Gary Neal added 10 of his 14 in the fourth off the bench and Lance Stephenson had 10 rebounds.The difference was that they made shots and we didnt. Kobe hit a couple of tough fades and Lin hit a few, Neal said. It doesnt matter that the Lakers were 0-5. Any time you have a Hall of Famer like Kobe, you always have a chance to win.The Lakers scored 14 unanswered points in their dominating third-quarter run, including eight in a row by Boozer, whose jumper gave them their first lead of the game at 61-59.The Hornets were held to five field goals in the third, and just two over the final 3:48, while getting outscored 34-13 in the period.We sat down on them defensively, Bryant said. We flew around and made them take tough shots, made a conscious effort to post Booz early.Bryant, prone to taking over games while his younger teammates watched, still put up the most shots (20) of any Laker, but he scored just nine points in the second half.Bryant had one basket in the fourth, with six other Lakers contributing to the offence. Lin and Wesley Johnson hit consecutive 3-pointers that had the long-suffering crowd on its feet cheering a victory that wasnt in doubt.Guys werent just looking to get the ball to Kobe and step out of the way, Scott said. I talked to Jeremy before the game about being more assertive on both ends of the floor.The Hornets got no closer than eight in the fourth, when the Lakers shot 62 per cent.We stopped playing defence in the second half, Charlotte coach Steve Clifford said. You could see our language starting to fade when we started missing shots and not playing defence.___TIP-INSHornets: Their 92 points were the lowest by a Lakers opponent so far. ... It was Charlottes first game not decided by single digits.Lakers: F Ryan Kelly sat out with a sore right hamstring. ... The Lakers avoided losing six straight to open a season for the first time since 1957-58, when the franchise was in Minneapolis and that team lost seven in a row. ... They played just their second game in eight days.COMFY AT HOMELin has had three consecutive solid games at Staples Center, with 18 points against Phoenix and 17 against the Clippers.Its a matter of keeping the aggression high, he said. I was going to come out guns blazing.STREAKING JEFFERSONJefferson has had five straight games of 20 points or more and is the only player on the Hornets roster to score in double figures every game so far.I was surprised they didnt double-team me, he said.UP NEXTHornets: At Portland on Wednesday.Lakers: At Memphis on Tuesday. Adidas Nmd r2 Damske . The first baseman hit a two-run homer in the top of the ninth inning to lead the Mets to a thrilling come-from-behind 3-2 victory over the Milwaukee Brewers. Adidas Boty Pánské Nmd . He will play 10th-seeded Feliciano Lopez in Sundays final, after the Spanish left-hander defeated Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 7-6 (7), 6-4. http://www.botynmdlevne.com/ . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside.MONTREAL -- George Chuvalo wants the world to know he was more than just a big lug who could stand in a boxing ring and take punches all night. The Toronto native was a top 10-ranked fighter in the golden age of heavyweights, taking on the best of his era, including Muhammad Ali, George Foreman and Floyd Patterson. He inflicted more damage than he absorbed in his 22-year career, but the perception lives on of the plodding boxer with the iron chin that was formed during dramatic bouts in 1966 and 1972 with Ali, perhaps the greatest heavyweight of all time. There was also the misery he endured after his retirement in 1978, losing three sons and his wife to drugs and suicide, perhaps the most painful blows of all. He addresses those issues in "Chuvalo: A Fighters Life", an autobiography released on Tuesday that was written with veteran boxing writer Murray Greig. It is a chronological recounting of his fight career, but Chuvalos voice, his love of storytelling and his frankly expressed opinions on the good and terrible things in his life are all over it. That is what makes it a better read than your average as-told-to book by an ex-athlete. It also describes a boxers early life, before the headline bouts at Madison Square Garden, of being broke most of the time and leaving a wife and young children at home to drive a shaky jalopy to fight for too-little money in a small-town arena. And it recalls the glory days of heavyweight prize fighting, when major bouts were front-page news and the stars were not like todays six-foot-eight giants who jab and do little else in the ring. That Chuvalo emerged from it all without a slurred tongue and with his memory and sense of humour intact may be his biggest victory. "I wanted to leave something for my grandchildren to read about their grandfather and know about me," the 76-year-old Chuvalo said of the book in a recent interview. But he also would like them to know that he was more than just one of the many victims of Alis flair and skill. "When people think of me, they think of me fighting Muhammad," he said. "Its hard for them to think of anything else. "But I had close to 100 fights. The perception of me is as a tough guy who could take a shot. I was supposed to have the best chin in boxing. Adidas Nmd r1 Damske. It clouds my other abilities." From his first fight in 1956, a second-round knockout of Gordon Baldwin, to his third-round KO of George Jerome in 1978, Chuvalo compiled a record of 73 wins (64 by knockout), 18 losses and two draws. Although he was stopped short of the distance by Foreman and Joe Frazier, he was never knocked down in the ring. It is one of the first issues he deals with in the book. "Today, most people think I was a tough guy who took a good rap, which is fine," he writes. "But I was a much better defensive fighter than I ever got credit for. I didnt get hit with half the punches people think I did. If that were true, Id be walking around on my heels today. Nobodys that tough." Chuvalo never won a world title, losing to Ernie Terrell in his only attempt in 1965, a fight he feels was fixed by mobsters. But he was Canadian champion for most of 17 years, back when that title still mattered. And one of his favourite funny stories was about how he became champion of Haiti in 1972. He was voted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1997. There was also a statue of him erected in his ancestral hometown in Bosnia. But his defining moment was in Toronto on March 29, 1966, when he stood up to Alis brilliance for 15 rounds and became a national hero simply for not going down. He did the same over 12 rounds in a rematch in Vancouver six years later. Perhaps ironically, Chuvalo feels Ali had the best chin of any opponent he faced, along with being the best boxer of all time. He names Foreman and Mike DeJohn as the hardest punchers he encountered. He left the painful stories of his family for last. No blood in the ring was quite as gruesome as finding a son dead in a hotel room with a needle in his arm, or of his first wife Lynne succombing to dispair and taking her own life. He spares no details. Chuvalo has since remarried, and he visits schools across Canada to deliver an anti-drug message. Somehow, he maintains a positive approach to life, concentrating on his two remaining children and his grandkids. Even then, he dedicates the book to his granddaughter Rachel Chuvalo, who died of cancer last year. The fighters life has been a tough one indeed, in and out of the ring. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz